Thursday, August 20, 2009

Jackson's First Day Of First Grade!


Jackson Loved his first day of school! Like I had said before he was nervous about what was going to happen in first grade but once he finished his first day he couldn't wait to go back. The thing I was worried about the most was his lunch. He had no problems with that he couldn't open his chips or his cupcake but other then that he did great he just had a teacher open it for him. All day I asked him who he ate with and he avoided the question then finally he told me he sat next to a girl from a different class and "she was cute and she had cute clothes and she told me she liked my spiky hair and collard shirt" he thought that was pretty cool. He got really embarrassed when I would tell people that story so I told him I wouldn't anymore. Who would of thought this would happen in first grade. He loves his teacher and couldn't wait to go back the next day. He woke up this morning at 6:50am and was dressed and ready to go! He does not start school until 8:45am so he had a long time to wait and asked me every 5 min if it was time to go yet. So needless to say my anxiety is much better now knowing he is happy. Yesterday was hard for me and we missed him like crazy. Conner kept asking me when we were going to go get him. I would ask him if he missed him and he would say no. At dinner he had to scoot his chair right next to Jack so he could be as close as he could be to him. So I think it is safe to say he really missed his buddy Jack. Now that Jackson has had such a good experience Conner can't wait to start school!

1 comment:

  1. So crazy that he is in first grade! Are we really getting that old?? I feel like we need to get in the Ford Granada and bust out REO Speedwagon for old times sake:)

    ReplyDelete