Thursday, August 27, 2009

Conner's First Day Of Kindergarten




Conner was not very excited about Kindergarten starting. All summer if I asked him about it he would say " Kindergarten is boring". So I was a little nervous how he would be. The night before Mike gave him a blessing and he really liked that. He told me what he wanted for breakfast which was quite the breakfast it consisted of blueberry muffins, bacon, eggs, a banana, strawberries and juice. He ate everything but the muffins. We went to school and you could tell he was excited he was ready for me to drop him off before we got to his door. I walked him into class and his teacher greeted him. They found his cubby he put his backpack in. I helped him find his name tag on his table and he started coloring. I told him he should put his name on his paper and that is when he told me I could go. He said "you can leave now." I said what and he said, "you can go now" again so I took one more picture and left. What he said was bitter sweet. I was happy he was OK with being at school but was a little sad he was so anxious for me to leave. He had a great time at school and told me all about it when I picked him up. He had ice cream, which he loved, and played with a lot of new friends. Later I asked him why he wanted me to leave and he told me he wanted to do his name on his own!

No comments:

Post a Comment