Tuesday, November 17, 2009

14 years ago

I can't believe it, yes it has been 14 years since I was diagnosed with Cancer. I really like this day, I like to think how far I have come and how thankful I am to be still alive. Oh what I would have missed out on if I were not here! I always wanted to be a Mom and never thought I would. This day really lets me think and be thankful for everything. Thank you to all of my friends and family who were there to support me during that time when I was so very sick. I couldn't do anything on my own not even take a shower. Thanks to my great Aunt Terry who came and ate thanksgiving dinner with me and watched me throw it up soon after I ate it! Thank you to all of you who came to visit all of the times you did even though I may not have been in the best of moods. Thank you to all of my wonderful nurses and doctor's who never gave up and stayed positive the entire time. Thank you Mom for telling me I would not loose all of my hair and stopping those who wanted me to shave it all off, and thanks for bringing me meals each and everyday because I would not eat hospital food. Most importantly thanks to My Father in Heaven for giving me a chance to live and continue to be tested here on earth. I have really learned to except trials and be thankful for them.

I am very grateful for everything and everyone. Because of having Cancer I have met many wonderful people. I have seen many people fight the battle and many people loose to this awful disease. I have had the opportunity to serve and am looking forward to doing it again any way I can, to help fight cancer. I look forward to getting involved with the relay for life just our family alone can almost make up a team! Thank you

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! 14 years is AWESOME!!! I am truly grateful for you as a friend and am glad that your mission here was not yet complete. You are a great mom and a great friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You are doing so well, I almost forget sometimes that you went through it, but I also remember some of those days very well. Congratulations on your long standing recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 14 years!! Man, are we that old?? I am so glad that you fought that battle and won!! There was 5 obvious reasons for it:) You are great! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete