Saturday, July 18, 2009

A Max Update


Max has been getting better, but I have to say it got worse before it got better. When we got home from the hospital on Sunday he stopped eating he wouldn't even take a bottle we tried our best to keep him hydrated and the doctor said that was the best thing to do. His rash was better but, at night it was awful for a few nights he would wake up screaming and there was nothing we could do he wouldn't even let us touch him hold him nothing! All I wanted to do is cry myself we knew he was getting teeth but, something told me that wasn't it. We had a follow up appointment on Wednesday and that is when we found out he had lesions down his throat which we knew could happen but were hoping it wouldn't but, at least we knew why he wasn't eating or sleeping he had also become horse. The Doctor told us to give him lots of cold things so after that I took him to Jamba Juice and he had a taste of his first Jamba and loved it! He has since improved and his appetite is back and his rash is continuing to get better. We love our Max and this has been one of the hardest things I have had to experience being a Mom. We have also since found out that my brother is allergic to Penicillin as well as my aunt and grandpa so we will no longer give him anything in the Penicillin family.

1 comment:

  1. Poor little guy...I'm glad to hear that he is finally feeling better. :)

    ReplyDelete